Data protection and privacy
The protection of personal data is of high relevance for SocNet98. Personal data are treated according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on 25 May 2018 that guarantees to rights to know when and why personal data are processed and the requirement to make the rights of individuals in relation to their personal data transparent.
SocNet98 applies all required measures to protect user-related data. In regard to all aspects of the processing of data and the rights on data protection please refer to our responsible member for information compliance, Prof. Dr. Christian Spatscheck, at: christian.spatscheck(at)hs-bremen.de or at the following address: Prof. Dr. Christian Spatscheck, Hochschule Bremen, City University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences, Neustadtswall 30, 28199 Bremen, Germany
Which data do we process?
Person-related data are raised when you contact SocNet98 as a participant of one of the activities or as a person or institution that seeks information about SocNet98.
We process the following data:
– Data on personal identification, e.g. the name, post address, e-mail address, telephone number
– Data on services, e.g. participation at activities of SocNet98
– Data on your affiliation to organisations, e.g. universities or social work organisations
– Data on your interests and requests that you have directly submitted to us
as well as data similar to these categories
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), especially article 15 to 21, you have several rights on data protection. This covers especially the right to get information which personal data are processed on you, the right to have them corrected if they are not correct, and the right for a deletion of the data. Please regard, the SocNet98 has to assess if there remains a legitimate reason for the processing of your data.
To establish and keep a working relation between you and SocNet98, we need personal data from you in the following categories:
– all necessary data to establish and to carry out a working relation
– data that are required to fullfill contractual obligations
– data that we are required to keep on the ground of legal obligations
Without these data, it is not possible for SocNet98 to establish and keep working relations and contracts with you.