PXL University College of Applied Sciences and Arts, Department PXL-Social Work
The new university college in Limburg
- A young dynamic and vibrant organisation
- A centre of expertise for innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship
- A long and strong international tradition
- 7200 students
- 9 departments/faculties
- 5 campus sites in Hasselt and Diepenbeek
- In the heart of Europe, the Euregion Meuse-Rhine
- Close to Brussels, the decision centre of Europe
Professionals & excellence in Limburg
- Studying at PXL University College equals
- Practice-oriented study programmes: you acquire knowledge and develop skills that are crucial in your future job
- A competency based education system
- A strong focus on IT in education
- Student centered and interactive teaching methods, case studies, projects
- Good and respectful contact between students and teaching staff
- International modules and courses taught in English
- Language courses and cultural integration activities for international students
- Excellent student services: housing service, free bicycle rent, sports facilities, job service for students, student catering service
More information at www.pxl.be.
UCLL – University College Leuven-Limburg, Faculty of Health & Social Work
One of University College Leuven-Limburg’s (UCLL) main assets is the profession-oriented approach. Students acquire knowledge, skills and work ethics that are utterly important in their professional career later on. The institution has made a distinct choice by adopting the competence-based education model. Through traineeships, final year projects, research projects or community services, students contribute to developments in the professional world.
We put a lot of effort into offering programmes that can be customised according to the studentent needs. A positive approach of prospective students with his/her skills and a target group-oriented approach for optimal opportunities are key elements. As such, we have developed extensive experience in the Recognition of Prior Learning. Our study programmes are very practice-oriented and are continuously adjusted after consultation with the professional world.
UCLL demonstrates its accessibility by cooperating with domestic and foreign higher education institutions. Numerous international projects were initiated and coordinated by our staff.
Research within the professional bachelor programmes largely relies on the interaction between research, professional world and education. In fact, it is practice-based, innovative and geared towards a mutual transfer of knowledge between society and education.
The Department of Social Work, Heverlee, is one of the oldest social university colleges in the country. We started up in 1922 and therefore have a great deal of experience in training social workers.
The strength and charm of the Social Work and Welfare Studies course is that it is broad-based, multifaceted, practical and up to date. We strongly believe in a down-to-earth approach, and want to impart a broad outlook on the world and current events. Encouraging students to look beyond the walls of the classrooms and the department forms a fundamental part of the course. We regard social work as a challenge that requires the right attitude, well-honed skills, a healthy dose of self-awareness, a balanced view and practical understanding. Our course is geared towards this level.
Especially for our incoming students of social work we offer a spring semester exchange programme (30 ECTS) : Challenges of social work in the 21st century. Please have a look at our webpage and click on the link to find out more about the programme :