Mental health service delivery in the U.S. and Norwegian social welfare context.
This learning activity will have a focus on introduction to collaborations and mental health service delivery in the U.S. and Norwegian social welfare context.
Watch the case example of an integrated, collaborative model to mental health service delivery for diverse populations: JPS Health Network
Ethnic specific mental health services
Watch this dialogue between Hannah Ngyen, Mika Brown and Steinar Vikholt about ethnic specific mental health services:
Collaboration in promoting access to mental health care
Watch this video on the role of collaboration in promoting access to mental health care: case example of barriers to access:
- Kohn-Wood, & Hooper, L. M. (2014). Cultural Competency, Culturally Tailored Care, and the Primary Care Setting: Possible Solutions to Reduce Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Mental Health Care. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 36(2), 173–188. https://doi.org/10.17744/mehc.36.2.d73h217l81tg6uv3
- Marie-Anik Gagné. (2005). What is Collaborative Mental Health Care? An Introduction to the Collaborative Mental Health Care Framework. Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Initiative. http://www.shared-care.ca/files/02-Framework-EN.pdf
- Mental Health: Culture, Race, and Ethnicity A Supplement to Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General (s. 31). (2001). National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK44249/
- Codjoe, Barber, S., Ahuja, S., Thornicroft, G., Henderson, C., Lempp, H., & N’Danga-Koroma, J. (2021). Evidence for interventions to promote mental health and reduce stigma in Black faith communities: systematic review. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 56(6), 895–911. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-021-02068-y
- Colvin, A. D., & Garner, D. D. (2010, November). Social work and the African American Church: Using a collaborative approach to address service delivery. In North American Association of Christians in Social Work Convention, Raleigh-Durham, NC. https://www.nacsw.org/Publications/Proceedings2010/ColvinASocialWork.pdf
- Bowen, Powers, D. M., Russo, J., Arao, R., LePoire, E., Sutherland, E., & Ratzliff, A. D. H. (2020). Implementing collaborative care to reduce depression for rural native American/Alaska native people. BMC Health Services Research, 20(1), 34–34. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-019-4875-6
- Obra, J., Lin, B., Đoàn, L. N., Palaniappan, L., & Srinivasan, M. (2021). Achieving equity in Asian American healthcare: Critical issues and solutions. Journal of Asian Health, 1(1). https://journalofasianhealth.org/index.php/jasianh/article/view/3/16#citations
- Aguilar-Gaxiola, S., Loera, G., Méndez, L., Sala, M., & Nakamoto, J. (2012). Community-defined solutions for Latino mental health care disparities: California reducing disparities project, Latino strategic planning workgroup population report. Sacramento: UC Davis. https://health.ucdavis.edu/newsroom/pdf/latino_disparities.pdf